Mitch had to go out of town for work last week. He went to San Diego and guess who went with him??? Yup, me!!! (Thanks to our Amex frequent flyer miles!) I could TOTALLY live in California. Especially San Diego. It's beautiful and the weather is perfect. Here's how our trip went:
- Arrived on Wednesday. Ate at a Mexican place near La Jolla beach. Wasn't that good. Got frozen yogurt and ate it while we watched the sunset over the ocean. Loved it.
- Thursday: Mitch left early for Day 1 of his conference. I went jogging. For an hour. The sea level altitude made me a world-class runner. I ran to the San Diego temple, which was close to our hotel. I wanted to know where it was so I could go do a session there the next day. I found this:
I jogged back to our hotel, got in my swimsuit, and laid by the pool for the next 4 hours. It was lovely. Then I got ready for the fancy dinner that the conference put on that night. Mitch picked me up and we went to the dinner. It was good and I found the speaker's, Ambassador Brooks, topic quite interesting. I learned more than I ever wanted to know about nuclear war and nuclear weapons.
- Friday: I slept in while Mitch went to Day 2 of the conference. I eventually walked over to Cali University San Diego to watch Mitch present his topic. He sat in a panel with 3 other speakers. He was second to last. He did very well. I learned a lot (again) about nuclear weapons. After all 4 speakers presented, the audience had about 45 minutes to ask the speakers questions. Ambassador Brooks asked Mitch a question or two; I was nervous for Mitch, but, as always, he did very well. I was so proud of him. I wanted to take his picture but thought I would embarrass him, so I refrained myself. The conference people might post pictures soon and I'll put them on here then. Here we are all dressed up before the dinner.
Mitch got to go on a tour of an attack submarine as part of the conference. Here he is at the periscope.
After the conference was over, Mitch and I took one of his co-workers to the airport. Then we went to Sea World. I felt like a little kid I was so excited. Sea World is awesome. We got there around 6 that night and it wasn't crowded at all. It was nice. Here we (and some random people) are in front of the flamingos. They're so weird looking! The flamingos, not the people.
- Saturday: we slept in and eventually made our way to Sea World. It was incredibly crowded, but we still had fun and managed to see every exhibit and every show. We both loved it. I told Mitch after the "Pets" show of dogs and cats that, "I really like dogs, but I'd rather have a sea lion." How can you not love these guys? They crack me up.
- Sunday: slept in. Went to breakfast. Had a horrible landing on the plane ride home; I almost puked. Harvey was incredibly glad to see us. In fact, he wouldn't leave us alone all night. He was being so funny, constantly meowing and rubbing all over us, trying to get our attention. If one of us would walk out of the room, he'd meow and run after us. Poor guy, we think he was having anxiety about us leaving again or something. Glad he missed us, it makes me feel loved.



3 comments:
Cute pictures and cute couple! That's awesome you were able to go with Mitch to San Diego.
Sweet. I'm jealous. I need a vacation. You rock.
I LOVE Sea World, I think it is so fun and am so jealous that you got to go there :) I am glad that you had a good vacation and that Mitch did well during his presentation. We need to get together sometime soon. It's been ages!
Post a Comment