11.29.2009

Gobble, Gobble

We had a great Thanksgiving. We feasted at Grandma Ruth's where she had homemade rolls, stuffing from scratch, and three kinds of homemade pie (even the crust was homemade). It was amazing. She's a very talented cook. Mitch made the mashed potatoes and they were awesome. Natalie made her famous yams, which Mitch says might as well be pumpkin pie filling; they taste like dessert! So yummy. Of course I forgot to take pics while everyone was still together, so this is the only one we ended up with:
Grandma asked us to each say what we're thankful for. I said I am thankful for my husband, our baby, and Mitch's great job. Of course, I could make a whole list and include our families, our Savior, the Gospel, our nice home, our cat, my education, the opportunity I had to serve a mission, the opportunities we've had to travel, etc. but it would take all day to list everything I'm thankful for. Let's just say that I thank Heavenly Father every day for the very many blessings He's given me. I feel so blessed every day.

I love that Thanksgiving gives me an excuse to overindulge. I think I ate so much that baby gained some major weight. We've been waiting for her to get big enough so Mitch can feel her kick. Thanksgiving must have gave her those extra ounces she needed ... Last night I got up and went to the bathroom at 3 a.m. When I laid back down she started going crazy and was moving around everywhere. I put my hand on my belly just to see if I could feel her move that way and I could! I was so excited because that meant that Mitch would finally be able to feel her move. But, I decided not to wake him up since it was 3 a.m. and all. I figured he could feel her move in first thing in the morning. She's usually really active when I first wake up. Well of course today was one of the few mornings when she wasn't moving. We poked my belly, I moved around and tried to wake her up, but got nothing. Now all day I've been telling Mitch to put his hand on my stomach, but every time he does, she stops kicking. She's already a little stinker. But we love her. I can't wait until Mitch will be able to feel her kick. Soon I'm sure. It finally feels real now and we're both SO excited! Here's a fairly recent pic:
We spent Friday shopping. Seriously, the entire day we were out and about, finding the perfect gifts for everyone. We left our house about 9:00 a.m. and got done about 4:30 p.m.. Mitch is such a good sport about the all day shopping event. He even lets me drag him around to all the shoe stores while I try on shoes. I know he doesn't love it, but he's a good sport about it. I like having him go with me so we can decide what to get our family members; it's easier to have us both decide than having one person decide what to get everyone. We got 98% of our shopping done; we just have some odds and ends to take care of. It was exhausting, but I like getting it all done at once. Now I don't have to worry about it anymore. And we bought some adorable hair bows for baby. The humongous flower bows. I hope she doesn't hate me when she's older for making her wear them. Ha,ha.

We put up the Christmas decorations Friday night. The tree was up for less than 20 minutes when Harvey jumped in it. He's such a noddy cat. Although he hasn't been as bad this year as he was last year with the Christmas decorations. But it's only been 3 days, so we'll see.

Saturday I went and saw "The Blindside" with my fam. I totally recommend it. I loved it. Mitch watched the UofU vs BYU game with friends. Go Utes! Too bad they lost. Next year, Utes. At least the Jazz won! By a lot too. Mitch and I went to the game and it was fun. The Jazz were up by 20 most of the game.

On a random note, I had 3 bloody noses yesterday. It wasn't fun. Dry air + pregnancy = bloody nose, apparently. No bueno. They weren't too bad, but I did sleep with a humidifier last night which helped a ton.

We're both sad to go back to work tomorrow. Long weekends are divine. Plus, in my line of work, no one has much work to do from Thanksgiving through the New Year. It is SO boring! Hopefully we can get something going ...

4 comments:

toonefam said...

What a fun Thanksgiving!! You look so cute!! I am happy to be able to see you on the blog!! It is so nice to hear how things are and that all is going well!!

Ashlee said...

Yes-long weekends are so divine and then bam! back to reality, right?! Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. I love the belly pic, you look so cute prego!

Nicole and Kevin said...

Sounds like a fabulous Thanksgiving. Mitch sent Kevin a picture of Harvey in the tree, it's hilarious!!! You look darling with your belly bump!

Unknown said...

You look so cute, Lacey! (and not that pregnant, either!) Although I know you feel like it. It will be fun for all of us to have girls. They will always have a fun little friend to play with! Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving too!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...