I signed up for a childbirth class. It hasn't started yet, but I'm sure it will be very educational, to say the least. Well, because I signed up for that class the hospital said I could go to one other class for free. I chose the breastfeeding class. So now you know what Mitch and I did on our Tuesday night; we learned all about breastfeeding. Yes, Mitch came with me. And might I add that he did so without complaining. Not even once. He's such a great husband.
I'll admit, at first I didn't want to go. They told me to bring a doll to class and at that point I told Mitch, "I'm not going if I have to hold a fake doll and pretend to feed it in front of a room full of strangers." I mean really, that's just weird, awkward, and embarrassing. Well, we ended up going to the class, but I didn't take a doll because one, I refused, and two, I don't even own a doll.
Lucky for me, it wasn't as bad as I thought. The instructor did have extra dolls for us to use (no one else brought a doll either), but she didn't make a big deal out of using them like I thought she would. We learned a lot and overall I'd say it was better than expected. I feel (a little) more prepared now. And if the statistic holds true, our baby will have an 11% higher IQ than formula fed babies, thanks to nutritious, wholesome breastmilk. Add that to Mitch's brains and we'll have one smart baby! We're hoping the breastfeeding will pay off in the form of baby being extra smart, earning a Ph.D., making lots of money, and paying for our comfortable retirement. Ha,ha. Really though, we just want her to be as healthy as possible and feel that breastfeeding is the best option.
1.27.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2024 Wrap Up
Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...
-
No, I did not do anything scandalous at the Keith Urban concert last night, although I'm sure many other women did. For Mother's Day...
-
"Come on down and join the winning team, because here at Globo Gym we're better than you, and we know it!" Ha,ha, remember tha...
-
Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...
2 comments:
Actual breastfeeding is way cooler than holding a doll, too! I love everything about it. One thing I didn't realize (I guess I'm not that smart) is that what you eat affects your milk and your baby. Thus, I'm not eating dairy and chocolate and little Phineas seems to be doing better. Less belly aches, for sure. I hope everything goes well for you! It's so exciting!
P.S. Little Women is one of the best books I've ever read! I plan on reading it aloud to my daughters someday.
The breastfeeding class is pretty good. Did you sign up for the Tuesday class? They probably told you to bring pillow - don't, you won't need them.
Post a Comment