4.14.2010

Layla and Harvey


Lacey and I were a little concerned on how our cat, Harvey, would react to having baby Layla in the house. We kinda wondered how much he knew when Lacey was pregnant. Sometimes he would cuddle up to her belly and purr. It makes you wonder if animals know more about what is going on than we give them credit for, but who knows.


When we brought Layla home, Harvey seemed really interested in all her stuff. He smelled everything we brought home, except for her. We wonder if he is ignoring her because he is jealous. He still doesn't go near her.

One thing that sets him off is her crying. It really upsets him. Last night we decided to give Layla her first bath. She was not happy about it at all. She cried and cried while we tried to bathe her. Harvey freaked out the whole time. He started acting really worried and meowed a lot. Then he nipped my leg while I was holding the crying baby. I don't know if he thinks that we are hurting her, or if he just can't stand the crying and wants it to stop. Anyhow, we have learned that we have to keep Harvey out of the room if Layla is crying. I hope he can adjust because she is here to stay. We have had a ton of adventures in parenting so far. I'll let Lacey blog about them since she seems to end up with the brunt of it.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I love the name Layla. Pets are amazing. My dog did the same thing when I was preg. Well not the purring part :)

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...