Well, after 10 hours of labor on Lacey's part, our little girl is finally here. We went in to the hospital at 7:30 yesterday morning. By about 8:30 Lacey had been started into labor. At first it wasn't too bad, but by about noon Lacey was starting to have some pain. An epidural came shortly after that, and Lacey was in heaven. She even took a nap for a little while, all while having contractions. Around 4:30 the pain started to come back. She got some more injections to manage the pain, but she wasn't quite numb. At about 5:45 she started to push and at 6:28 p.m. our little girl was born. We were shocked at her size. She was 8 pounds 3 ounces. The doctor originally thought she would be a 6 or 6.5 pound baby, but she decided to stay and extra week in the womb and she just kept getting bigger. She is 20.5 inches long and has a killer set of lungs. She started screaming right after she was born. She was especially mad at the antibiotic gel that was put in her eyes. She is catching on to feeding really fast and doing well. She mainly just sleeps. I did her first diaper change, which was a little crazy. Lets just say she made a big mess. Lacey is recovering well. She is super sore, but in good spirits and able to move around. Our parents and siblings came by yesterday to meet Layla Leslie
Bott. She put on a little show for her grandparents, aunts and uncles. She showed how she can suck her fingers and she showed off her fuzzy hair.
We are super excited to take her home. She is doing well and has been a very well behaved baby for just coming into the world. Below are some picture of our bundle of joy!!!
Here is Lacey's last belly picture. She is smiling between contractions.
Proud papa.
Little Layla with her fuzzy hair.
One tough and happy mom.
Layla all dressed up for visitors
8 comments:
Congratulations you guys!!! Layla is absolutely beautiful!!
She is beautiful! Congrats you two, what a wonderful time in your lives!
Welcome to parent hood! Hold on tight and enjoy the ride! LOL She is so darling I am so happy for you! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Congratulations!!! She is beautiful!!! In the picture with her fuzzy hair I think she looks just like her dad :) I am glad that everything went well, and mom and baby are doing well.
I love her name! She is so precious! Congratulations! What a happy experience. Breastfeeding is the best. Don't give up!
Aww I'm so happy for you guys, she's beautiful! Congrats Mitch and Lacey on your little bundle of joy, wish you all the best and be sure to bring her in after you get settled so we can all see her! Hope you're doing well! :-)
Kelly (NWM)
I am so happy for you guys! How is everyone doing? When can I bring some dinner over? I hope mommy is getting her nap time in when the baby sleeps too!! She is adorable! Congrats!!!!!!
Congratulations!!! We are so excitted to have heard about the latest Bott girl! She s beautiful!! Way to go you 2! Best of luck, we are thinking of you 3!!
Post a Comment