4.16.2010

So Tired

Lacey and Layla are super tired. Life is hard when you are first born and growing by leaps and bounds all the time. Life is super hard when you are recovering from delivering a baby, having your body work double time to produce milk for the baby, and being up all hours of the night, every night, to feed the baby. Needless to say, there have been a lot of naps at our house lately.

Yesterday: what I found after coming in from fixing the A/C on my car...
Today: what I found when I came in from working on the yard...
I feel so bad for these two. Lacey says it is hard, but every time she sees that adorable face her heart melts and she is okay with being up at 3 a.m. to feed her. I've been helping out where I can, changing diapers, running to the store, and letting them nap when they get a chance.

Layla also met her Grandpa Miles yesterday. We dressed her up for the occasion. Isn't she adorable.
Being parents has been interesting and fun: I lost 2 shirts in 5 minutes last night to spit-up (where is a burp cloth when you need it!?!). We have dirtied both our changing tables all in one day from Layla, who loves to pee after you take her diaper off. We have both seen her smile a few times (sure, it isn't a real "smile", but it sure is cute). Lacey found that she missed Layla when she was away for an hour. Layla loves to "pose" for the camera. Harvey still panics when she cries. Happy 1 week B-day Layla!

1 comment:

Julia M. said...

She is so precious! The hardest week for me was the second week because some of the adrenaline wears off, and you're super exhausted. But it gets better. And they grow so quickly. Layla and Lacey are the perfect match!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...