I can do anything good.
So funny. But really, I love that!
I hope Layla believes that she can do anything good. I want to instill that in her. I want her to be able to find the positive things about every situation she finds herself in, good or bad. I want her to grow up seeing the beauty in the world and people around her. And I think it's up to Mitch and I to teach her that. To only say positive things around her. To only focus on the good. I don't want her to be shy, scared, boring, or naive . I want her to have a zest for life, a love for learning, a healthy self-confidence, a love for people, an appreciation for her many blessings, and most of all, a love for Heavenly Father.
And I think those things are learned. Whether she learns to be shy/social or positive/negative those are things that Mitch and I will teach her by our example. If we're shy or negative, she'll most likely be shy or negative too. If she sees us being social and positive, she'll most likely be social and positive as well. (I understand this isn't true 100% of the time, but I believe that for the most part it is.) So as parents, Mitch and I need to be the type of people we want our kids to be, as they will most likely end up like us - but hopefully better.
Now I don't always have the best attitude. I've been working on being positive. Trying to set a good example for Little Girl. Maybe I'll try pumping myself up in front of the mirror every morning while Layla watches. It ought to rub off on her eventually, right?
***I've been thinking about this a lot lately because Layla is going through a phase where she doesn't want to be held by other people besides Mitch and I. Hopefully it will pass soon. I do not want her to be a shy, anti-social person. It really worries me. But, I know this is pretty typical of babies so I shouldn't worry too much.***
3 comments:
I don't think she sees the beauty in people at this time ;) She's such an adorable girl though, so it doesn't bother us!
Honestly, Lacey, don't worry about her not being very social right now. It will pass; my niece was the same way. She is just very alert and aware of her surroundings. She likes studying people and probably doesn't like to be passed around until she's adjusted well to her surroundings. We love her anyway and I think it's funny :)
Thanks Natalie! I'm glad you at least think it's funny. And I hope it does pass soon ... then you can teach her all about Disney. :)
Post a Comment