Mitch is a busy guy, and last week was especially busy. But no matter how busy he is, he always takes time out for me and Layla. I love him for that. Last week Mitch had a work trip to Chicago, spent one night at work for a missile launch, spent two nights preparing for Scout camp, spent one night at Scout camp, and two days with our families celebrating Father's Day. At least this week there's not much on his agenda ...
Daddy and daughter in matching Pink Floyd shirts
I hope Mitch had a good Father's Day. He sure deserves it. He's such a great dad. Layla loves him sooooo much, you can tell. And he is always so willing and eager to help me with her and give me a break. He loves to spend time with Layla and that makes me happy.
So, for Father's Day I made Mitch breakfast (okay, I kind of cheated ... Toaster Strudels, fruit, and orange juice. Hey, I don't have much time anymore and Mitch loves Toaster Strudels!). I gave him an outdoor firepit for his gift. This firepit runs on a propane tank so there is no messing with firewood or smelling like campfire. Mitch hasn't had a spare minute to set it up yet and we've had it since Thursday, but hopefully tonight he'll have some time. I hope it works good, there's nothing better than a warm, gooey s'more!
Happy Father's Day, Mitch!!! We love you!
Little Girl fell asleep in her car seat after church
We were able to spend some quality time with both our fams for Father's Day. We did yard word for Kevin and they made us dinner. It was yummy. (Mitch and I missed most of the yard work and wish we could have done more.) My grandpa was in town so my fam got together for dinner. My mom and dad made some incredible shishkabobs with steak, chicken, shrimp, red and green peppers, onions, pineapple, and zucchini squash. They were amazing! It was nice to spend time with both of our families. We both have great dads. We sure love them.
Grandpa Miles wanted cash to buy a new anchor for his boat, so we rolled some bills up in a diaper. It was pretty funny.
What else? Layla is doing awesome. She slept for 11.5 hours last night! She might have slept longer, but I went in and woke her up since it had been 12 hours since she last ate. What an awesome little sleeper. She's been sleeping for at least 6 hours at a time, and fluctuating anywhere between 6 to 10 hours, but last night was the longest she's slept so far. I can't wait until she starts sleeping for 12 hours and wakes up at the same time every day ... right now it's a little sporadic. But I'll take what I can get!
Her two month appointment went pretty good. She screamed her head off after they gave her some shots. We had three immunizations done at this visit (instead of the recommend six) and we were able to work out a schedule with our pediatrician that spreads them out how we want. Here are her two month stats for memory's sake:
Length: 23.6 inches 95th percentile
Weight: 10.9 pounds 60th percentile
Head: 15 inches 50th percentile
She's growing very well. Except her feet. They're still really small. In fact, the only shoes that fit her are newborn size, when she should be wearing a size bigger (at least) by now. (Total bummer since I bought her some adorable sandals to wear this summer, but unless her feet start growing, they'll be too big!)
We're just hoping she doesn't inherit Uncle Dudin's gorilla hands. Ha, ha! Watch out Brock- Jordan seems to be winning the favorite uncle competition!
Layla is starting to be so much fun. She smiles, talks, and laughs a lot now. Mitch made her laugh so hard yesterday. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen. We really need to get it on camera. She also thinks my dad is pretty funny and was laughing at him too. So cute. We sure love having her around! Now if I could only capture her smile on camera before she gets distracted by it ...
2 comments:
What a great idea to put pineapple on shishkabobs, I am going to try that next time we grill. Love pineapple! That was also a great idea to stuff dollar bills into a diaper, that is hilarious. haha
Mitch sounds like he is such a sweet Daddy. I hope Layla's feet grow soon so she can fit into her new sandals!!
I totally feel you on the whole not growing thing LOL Abbie has always been small in every aspect, wich I love because it keeps her my little girl but when it comes to getting her clothes it is hard! She gets alot of hand me downs from my sister and they dont ever fit when they should! She will be four in October and I just started buying her 3T and they are even s little to big still! LOL I often buy things for her to wear a season or 2 in advance because they are on sell and when it comes time to wear them they usually dont fit I can't seem to get it right Ha ha!
Post a Comment