10.16.2010

6 month stats

Layla had her 6 month checkup yesterday. Here are her stats:
weight: 15.8 lbs 50th percentile
length: 26.5 in 90th percentile

She has been in the 50th percentile for weight her whole little life. She was always 95th % for length, but she's slowed down a little on her growing, which put her in the 90th percentile.

She received two shots and one oral immunization. She cried for about 30 seconds and then was back to her normal happy self. She's a tough girl.

Her pediatrician was impressed that she can sit so well already. He thinks because she is so strong that she will walk early (which means walking before 1 year of age). We'll see I guess. My mom started walking at 9 months, so you never know ... for now I'm just enjoying the stage where she can sit up and play, but she can't crawl or walk anywhere yet. It's nice!

Here's a video of Layla laughing. She thinks it's funny when I shake my head and make my hair move. She was kind of over it by the time we got the video camera out, that's why she sounds a little whiny. But it's still cute. Mitch and I decided that 6 months is our favorite age/stage so far. Probably because we have such a happy/hyper/excitable little girl.

Sorry, but you'll have to pause the music player at the bottom of my blog to hear the video. And don't mind that Layla is totally distracted by the video camera. It was really hard to keep her attention.

1 comment:

Julia M. said...

She is so stinking cute! I agree that 6 months is so fun!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...