We're working on the ABC song. While she knows her letters, she still gets confused on what order they go in for the song. When she forgets what letter comes next, she says, "M,M,M,O."
Here we are singing the alphabet song. Layla fills in the blanks when we stop singing. I know it sounds like she's just making a random sound, but she really is saying the correct letter, even if it's not perfect. I think she did a great job!
Swimming lessons are going okay. Let's just say that she does not like the teacher. Can you blame her though? Every time I hand her over to that lady, she either pushes Layla under the water, with no warning, or splashes her in the face. Ha, ha. Surprisingly, it doesn't make her mad to be shoved under, she just doesn't want to be near the teacher. So I have to shove her under myself, which doesn't seem to bother her. Apparently it's okay for Mommy to be mean, but not the teacher? Either way, at least she has fun!
Today after her nap, we did the usual routine of Layla handing me one of her stuffed animals and naming which one it is (Kitty, Piglet, Dog, etc.) This time she handed me three of them at once and said, "Friends." Wow! Totally surprised me! She must be listening after all, when Mitch and I refer to her stuffed animals as her "friends." I guess I should be careful; she's always listening, even when it doesn't seem like it!
3 comments:
She is an amazing girl! I love to hear her little voice. Phineas loved it, too. We did swim lessons this past summer, and I loved dunking Phineas. I'm twisted, aren't I? I'm just afraid he's forgotten everything he learned! We'll do it again this year for sure.
Wow. How did I have no idea this great blog existed? I spent the last 2 hours reading up on a good part of your life and taking a photo tour of the rest. Sounds scary, I know. What can I say, your fascinating people and Layla is adorable. So fun to see you guys last night. Jim and I said repeatedly on the way home, "we've got to do that more often. More like once a month instead of once a year." So let's. Here's to some fun times. Oh, and please still be my friend even though I'm horrible with English/grammar. You're probably going crazy reading my comment. Feel free to edit it. Thanks.
Layla picked out some alphabet letters at our house the other day. It was pretty cute!!!
Post a Comment