1.28.2012

Swimming, Yay!

Well, swimming lessons are over. Layla had a blast! In fact, the last time we went to swimming, we walked in the doors to the gym and she said, "Swimming, yay!!!" She was so very excited! She cried when we made her get out, and she talked to everyone in the locker room and said, "Hi! Swimming, baby, ya!" She is such a social butterfly and I love it!

We took the video camera for her first and last lessons and I put together a little video, which I'm sure only the grandparents will care to watch. (Especially since it's not that great. It was my first attempt, after all.) Mammy and Bopa Miles came to her last lesson and had fun watching. I was glad they were there to video tape since Mitch was at Scouts. The swim teacher gave us a picture of Layla underwater that she took with her water-proof camera, as well as a card showing everything Layla learned. I included both in this video.
Overall, I'd say the lessons were good. She got more exposure to the water, learned that it's okay to go underwater, and learned how to hold onto the edge of the pool all by herself. On the other hand, she hated the teacher, and cried every time we made her float on her back. Also, she will not jump into the pool, despite my best efforts to force her into it. Ha, ha. She usually sits down first and then slides in. That's no fun! Guess we need to work on a few things next time around.

After this experience, I'd say we will either start swim lessons earlier with our next kid, like when he's (hoping for a boy next) a baby, or wait until he's older, say 3 or 4, and can understand instructions better.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

CUTE! I thought it was a cute video (not boring at all!). You did a great job for your first attempt. I wouldn't even know where to start :) Love you guys.

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...