I've been so busy/lazy/having too much fun that I haven't updated the blog as much as I would like. I am not going to reread or edit this post because I'm in a hurry, so sorry if there are mistakes. Here is a brief summary of our latest activties:
- We went with our friends Shelly and Parker to the petting zoo and pony ride. The little girlies had a blast together. Layla got to sit on an alpaca, feed a baby cow milk from a bottle, pet a bunny rabbit, and ride a pony. I'm slowly training her to be my little cowgirl and help me convince Daddy to buy us a horse of our own. (And thanks to Shelly for taking the pics at the petting zoo!)



- Over General Conference weekend we went to Scheels, a new local sporting goods store, with Daddy. We didn't have time that day to ride the ferris wheel (seriously, the store is HUGE!), so we went back last week with my mom for lunch. The little restaurant was good, the fudge was even better, and the ferris wheel was a huge hit with Layla.

- My dad and brothers have been hunting. They didn't get any elk, but got two deer. They had a blast.
- Last weekend we went to the pumpkin patch with our friends Nicole, Oakley, and Dexter. Took a few pics of the kiddos. Picked out a few pumpkins. Can't wait to carve them this weekend.



 |
| Of course she smiles great for the camera when someone else is taking the picture! (Thanks, Shelly!) |
- Layla and I went to the children's museum a couple of times over the last week. She LOVES it and I love that it's educational, social, and fun all at the same time.
- Tonight my mom and I took Layla to the Halloween party at the church (Mitch is out of town until tomorrow). Layla loves her Minnie Mouse costume and she had a really fun time. Her favorite game was the "pin the wart on the witch" and she kept asking to play it again and again (but we didn't blindfold her). They also had pumpkin bowling, mini golf, donut eating contest, face painting, etc. It was cute. Buggy also liked walking in the parade with all the other kids. She freaked out over one little boy's tiger costume; she thought it was awesome. I was a little disappointed that she chose gross candy and no chocolate. Apparently I haven't trained her well enough...

- We're excited for Halloween next week and I am counting down the days until we get to take her trick-or-treating!
- I'm counting this as a "fall festivity" because we should be moving into our new house during the fall. It's shaping up well and we couldn't be more excited!
 |
| Still need to paint the hardie on the exterior ... |
 |
... and finish the cabinets.
 
|
1 comment:
Layla's Minnie Mouse costume is adorable and I love her hair-do at the pumpkin patch!
Post a Comment